Web Site Administration Tool

jd

Whilst following the Personal Web Site Starter Kit introduction I must
create an administrative user using Web Site Administration Tool.

There appears to be rules regarding passwords, I must use a seven character
password with at least one numeric character. How do I change these rules?

TIA

Tim Cartwright

Took me a while to find this one as well. In fact there is a typo in the help, compared to what the actual object wants. Here is an sample excerpt from my web config, you can see the properties mentioned. BTW the attribute wrong in the help files is minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters in the help files it is listed as minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters.

<membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20" hashAlgorithmType="SHA1">
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="localSqlServer"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
requiresUniqueEmail="true"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
passwordAttemptWindow="10"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""
name="AspNetSqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
</providers>
</membership>