Web Site Advertising

Jim Heavey

Hello, I am relatively new to the web programming. I belong to an
organization in which I have been drafted to put up a web site for. This
web site is for a sporting event and they want to sell advertisement for
the web site. I have done some research and it would appear that most
common advertising rates are by CPM (cost per impression). In order to
caputer this kind of information I must use an ASP.Net page to count the
number of times the page is served up or I suppose there are some
statistical reports offered by the web hosting company for how many times
each web page was served up. Does this about cover how to quantify this
information?

Does anyone have any ideas how adds should be priced? This web site will
live for about 4-5 months with most of the activity happening in the last
month. People will come from around the country and will spend about a
week in a town. It will probably draw a crowd of out 2500 people or more.

Some types of vendors it might make sense to charge a percentage of the
sale or per lead (click to the vendor's web site). I think amazon has
something like this where they kick back a percentage of sales. How is
this done?

I was hoping to get some pointers on how to structure this and help bring
some revenue for my client. I greatly appreciate your thought on the
matter!!!!!!!!