web site development and production servers

Guest

I'm sure this is a really easy question but I have the following website
configuration and I am a little confused about the way in which I should
proceed:

Drive N
Server A
which consists of
IIS 6 and SQL server which hosts my website

Drive G
Server B
which consists of
IIS 6 and SQL server

Currently I have created a website in IIS6 and placed all my code into the
site. I wish to move to a situation where I can develop on a shared network
drive N: Server A where other developers can also develop on the site, then
when satisfied deploy the site or just some pages to drive G Server B.
Should I have visual studio installed on Server A and Server B to make this
possible? I currently have VS 2005 only on my local machine not on any
servers. Or would I create a new website on Drive N and then just deploy to
Drive G? I've considered this but get an error

Microsoft knowledge base article 810886. Hosting on a UNC share is not
supported for the Windows XP Platform.

In a nutshell Server A should be development and have all code and Server B
should just possess compiled code.

Any ideas? Or references I should look at? Thanks in advance.

Guest

Do not install Visual studio or any development tools on Server, it's a bad
idea which people used to do back in olden days (VB6). All you need to do is
copy all aspx files, folders & bin directory that's it. don't copy source
files.

HTH
Vijay