Web Site on network of two computers

Guest

I have a router running a network with a XP Pro and iMac on it. I would like
to host a page on the XP, and have the iMac see it. I can see the page from
the XP by going to http://localhost or by entering the IP address
http://10.0.1.3. Then when I try to do this on my iMac on the same network, I
get server not responding. Please help.

Guest

Are you hosting it in IIS or in the WebDev server. The WebDev will only serve
locally, you will need to put it in IIS to see it from another machine.

Ciaran O'Donnell

Guest

I am serving it in IIS.

Ciaran O''Donnell said:
Are you hosting it in IIS or in the WebDev server. The WebDev will only serve
locally, you will need to put it in IIS to see it from another machine.

Ciaran O'Donnell

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Can you successfully ping the PC from the imac? The problem may be the
network settings

George Ter-Saakov

By default XP with SP2 has a Firwall turned on.
Which protects is from any request from outside (aka second PC).
Goto Network Connections, Right click on network connection you using and
goto TCPIP Properties, tab advanced.

George

Guest

I can ping the PC from the iMac.

As far as the firewall goes, I disabled it, and received the same error.