    the XP by going to http://localhost or by entering the IP address
    http://10.0.1.3. Then when I try to do this on my iMac on the same network, I
    get server not responding. Please help.
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE5vd2Fr?=, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Are you hosting it in IIS or in the WebDev server. The WebDev will only serve
    locally, you will need to put it in IIS to see it from another machine.

    Ciaran O'Donnell

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIE8nJ0Rvbm5lbGw=?=, Nov 27, 2006

  3. I am serving it in IIS.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE5vd2Fr?=, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Can you successfully ping the PC from the imac? The problem may be the
    network settings

    --

    Bits.Bytes.
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com
    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Nov 27, 2006
  5. By default XP with SP2 has a Firwall turned on.
    Which protects is from any request from outside (aka second PC).
    Goto Network Connections, Right click on network connection you using and
    goto TCPIP Properties, tab advanced.

    George

    George Ter-Saakov, Nov 27, 2006
  6. I can ping the PC from the iMac.

    As far as the firewall goes, I disabled it, and received the same error.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE5vd2Fr?=, Nov 29, 2006