WEB SITE PROJECT DEPLOYMENT ~ Help please??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brad Isaacs, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Brad Isaacs

    Brad Isaacs Guest

    I am working with ASP.NET 2.0 and using an SQL Server 2000 database.

    I am using Visual Studio 2005 and developing on my Local machine. I am
    working with Login controls ASP.Configuration, I wanted to move my work
    and needed to place it on the server.

    Using VS 2005 , went to BUILD
    -Publish Web Site
    Checked the box for :: Alow this precompiled site to be updatable.

    The files are all now sitting on my Server, and when I load my web site, it
    loads the first default.aspx page that contains my LOGIN control. However,
    when I try to login it is trying to load a SQL Server Express 2005 database.
    Yet I am not using SQL Server 2005, and in my App_Data file folder I DO NOT
    have an databasename.MDF inside it. However VS 2005 had created a file and
    stuck it into my Project. I then receive the following error. See below:

    Can anyone suggest why this is occurring and what I can do to resolve this
    issue??

    Why is it trying to perform an SQLExpress database file auto-creation error,
    when I am using an SQL Server 2000 databse???

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks in advance,

    Sincerely,

    ~Brad
    ___________________________________
    ERROR: MESSAGE BELOW:

    Server Error in '/gddb' Application.

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
    connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
    under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating
    Server/Instance Specified)

    SQLExpress database file auto-creation error:
    The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a
    database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider
    attempted to automatically create the application services database because
    the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following
    configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence
    of the application services database and automatically create the
    application services database:
    1. If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web
    server account must have read and write access to the applications
    directory. This is necessary because the web server account will
    automatically create the App_Data directory if it does not already exist.
    2. If the applications App_Data directory already exists, the web server
    account only requires read and write access to the applications App_Data
    directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt to
    verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the
    applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data
    directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from
    correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists.
    This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate of
    an already existing database. Write access is required because the web
    server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
    3. Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
    4. The process identity for the web server account must have a local user
    profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user
    profile for both machine and domain accounts.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SqlException (0x80131904): An error has occurred while establishing a
    connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
    may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
    not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 -
    Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
    exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734947
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj) +188
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner,
    Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String
    protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean
    encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection
    owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup) +820
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection
    owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword,
    Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity
    identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String
    newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    +170
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
    options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection
    owningConnection) +130
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection) +47
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
    System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String
    user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +68

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server database.]
    System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String
    user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +124
    System.Web.Management.SqlServices.SetupApplicationServices(String server,
    String user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString,
    String database, String dbFileName, SqlFeatures features, Boolean install)
    +86
    System.Web.Management.SqlServices.Install(String database, String
    dbFileName, String connectionString) +25
    System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.CreateMdfFile(String
    fullFileName, String dataDir, String connectionString) +397

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210

    ------------------------------
    Brad Isaacs
    ..NET Web Developer, Consultant
    www.webdevcreations.com

    Brad Isaacs, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Brad Isaacs

    sloan Guest

    I bypass all that drama.

    Create a .bat file.
    Call it:
    Build_WebSite_ReleaseVersion.bat

    --start batch, do not include this line

    @echo off
    ECHO When/If prompted with the question:
    ECHO .

    ECHO Does ".........." specify a file name or directory name on the
    target
    ECHO (F = file, D = directory)?
    ECHO _
    ECHO You should answer with "D" for directory.

    ECHO _
    ECHO _
    ECHO _

    ECHO When/If prompted with the question:
    ECHO _
    ECHO Overwrite (...........)
    ECHO (Yes/No/All)?
    ECHO _
    ECHO You should answer with "A" for "All"
    ECHO _

    @echo on

    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"
    NorthwindManager.sln /Rebuild Release

    XCOPY .\Presentation.Web1\*.* c:\wutemp\ReleaseBuild_Web_NorthwindManager
    /EXCLUDE:.\exclude.txt /e/s

    -- end batch, do not include this line

    Create a exclude.txt file
    -- start exclude.txt do not include this line
    ..pdb
    Build_WebSite.bat
    exclude.txt
    ..sln
    ..vbproj
    ..csproj
    -- end exclude.txt

    Put the 2 files in the directory where your .sln file lives.

    My example above presupposes that the .sln file is in one directory higher
    than where you have the .aspx files (aka, you may need to adjust the
    \Presentation.Web.1\ value.

    "Brad Isaacs" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt

    > verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the
    > applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data
    > directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from
    > correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists.
    > This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate

    of
    > an already existing database. Write access is required because the web
    > server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
    > 3. Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
    > 4. The process identity for the web server account must have a local user
    > profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user
    > profile for both machine and domain accounts.

    web
    > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception

    can

    sloan, Mar 2, 2007