Web site URL -> thumbnails/printscreen

JD

I need to create a thumbnail/printscreen (picture - gif or jpeg) of the
existing website on the internet. I am able to "grab" the content of other
website, but how do I create a picture from it (all I have is HTML)?

I provide URL and it returns picture (printscreen) of the website. I even
don't know where to start.

Explanation: I need it for website where people nominate websites in certain
categories and people vote for them. In the past I created thumbnails
manually and stored them with other data in DB. But it is getting too much
and I would like somehow automate it. Any other 3rd party solutions (free
are preferred :)) are also welcomed.
Thanks
JD

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

You might want to try SnagIt. It captures Web pages to an image. They have a
free trial version.

http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

"SnagIt has made advancements in Internet technology so you can take screen
captures from today's most advanced Web pages. Now - capture thumbnail
images as well as the larger images that appear behind them, collect images
from complex query strings within URLs, and block pop-ups that may occur as
a result of going outside the current domain while searching for images."