    Anyone got any clues ?????

    this is the site ad. http://homepages.e3.net.nz/~kirsten.nick/index.htm

    Please. IT's driving me nuts.
    Tiddley-Pom, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Tiddley-Pom

    Tiddley-Pom Guest

    Errrr, Oops. Try this link. I boobed with the first one.

    "Tiddley-Pom" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all. Im new to this stuff. doing a course. But check this site out.
    > It's to do with an assignment I'm doing at tech. Im an adult student by

    the
    > way. Carrer change an all that.
    >
    > Anyway, Problem i have is that using frames this site works perfectly on

    my

    Tiddley-Pom, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Tiddley-Pom

    Tiddley-Pom Guest

    Try this site ad guys. sorry bout this.

    http://homepages.e3.net.nz/~kirsten.nick/Index

    Problem was the site seems to be case sensitive.

    Tiddley-Pom, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Tiddley-Pom

    m Guest

    Tiddley-Pom wrote:
    > Errrr, Oops. Try this link. I boobed with the first one.
    > http://homepages.e3.net.nz/~kirsten.nick/index
    >
    > "Tiddley-Pom" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi all. Im new to this stuff. doing a course. But check this site out.
    >>It's to do with an assignment I'm doing at tech. Im an adult student by

    > the
    >
    >>way. Carrer change an all that.
    >>
    >>Anyway, Problem i have is that using frames this site works perfectly on

    > my
    >
    >>hard drive. Even using a floppy drive. Yet, uploaded to the web site,
    >>well, try it and see what happens. You'll notice that the first 20% frame
    >>comes up yet the URL for the "pics.htm" page does not come up. Yet as I
    >>said, on the hard drive and the floppy, it works fine.
    >>
    >>Anyone got any clues ?????
    >>
    >>this is the site ad. http://homepages.e3.net.nz/~kirsten.nick/index.htm
    >>
    >>Please. IT's driving me nuts.

    Yeah, this is a very common problem. You're probably
    using a Winbox or some other small op system on your
    computer, the server is likely running Unix.

    Unix, unlike your op system, is very sensitive to differences
    in capitalization. So, if you call a page as
    'Zot.html' on your own hard disk, and the file is actually named
    'zot.html', it will work. But it won't work on Unix. You have
    to call it with 'zot.html'. This will probably fix the problem.

    If that fix fails:
    The second part of the problem is that you have to check
    the permissions of the file on the server to make sure
    that the files can be accessed by the visitor. Common
    permissions are 0644 for non-executable files,
    0755 for executables, and 0777 for files that may
    be modified by scripts (but the first fix is probably
    the source of the problem).

    --
    Cheers, m at http://www.mbstevens.com/
    via Tux and Ice: 0% GatesBloat
    m, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Tiddley-Pom

    brucie Guest

    In post <3f8cd17e$>
    Tiddley-Pom said...

    > Errrr, Oops.

    this'll fix it

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie.
    15/October/2003 04:44:17 pm