Web Start, local classpath?

JW

Hi All,

I am using JBuilder to create a
application, which is basically a swing
client that accesses session beans deployed
on Weblogic 8 server.

I want other people to be able to download
this application via Webstart.

It seems I have to include all of weblogic-related
classes (from weblogic.jar or webservices.jar) into
my application .jar file, but this makes it 90 MB.

Assuming the client machines (machines needing
to download my application) have the appropriate
weblogic .jar files on them already, can I have webstart
look for the necessary jar files in the classpath
of the client machine so that I don't have a 90 MB
..jar file to download?

Thanks!

Andrew Thompson

I am using JBuilder to create a
application, which is basically a swing
client that accesses session beans deployed
on Weblogic 8 server.

I want other people to be able to download
this application via Webstart.

Do you want them to be able to load the session beans
when thay are off-line? Or will the clients have
a permanent or readily available internet connection?

--
Andrew Thompson

JW

Andrew Thompson said:
Do you want them to be able to load the session beans
when thay are off-line? Or will the clients have
a permanent or readily available internet connection?

Clients will have permanent internet connection.