Web start root folder on client machine?

Johan Paul

Hi there!

I have a wierd thing I want to do in a Java Web start environment; I
want my application to start a server process on the user's machine
after the initial application has been started with Web start. How can
I do this? The point is that the server process would be transparent to
the user who doesn't even know it exists...

My real question, though, is, how can I get the full path to the .jar
-files that Web start downloaded and eventually executed one of them? I
can already start the server process on my own computer, via web start,
because I know a full path to the server .jar file... but if I try to
start the process with eg. ./server.jar or server.jar, nothing
happends. And to make matters worse, I even tried to use the user.dir
environment property, but it will point to the user's home dir!

Any ideas?

Thanks!!