Web start root folder on client machine?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Johan Paul, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Johan Paul

    Johan Paul Guest

    Hi there!

    I have a wierd thing I want to do in a Java Web start environment; I
    want my application to start a server process on the user's machine
    after the initial application has been started with Web start. How can
    I do this? The point is that the server process would be transparent to
    the user who doesn't even know it exists...

    My real question, though, is, how can I get the full path to the .jar
    -files that Web start downloaded and eventually executed one of them? I
    can already start the server process on my own computer, via web start,
    because I know a full path to the server .jar file... but if I try to
    start the process with eg. ./server.jar or server.jar, nothing
    happends. And to make matters worse, I even tried to use the user.dir
    environment property, but it will point to the user's home dir!

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!!

    --
    Johan Paul