    I found www.ritecounter.com and ask "Has anyone any experience with them.?"
    Are they cool? Can you recommend a better way for me to find my two stats?

    Hank

    Familyman, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Familyman

    NullBock Guest

    How are you hosting your site? Can you use PHP? It shouldn't be too
    hard to create your own counter, say one that simply stores IPs in a
    flat file...

    Walter

    ----
    Walter Gildersleeve
    Freiburg, Germany

    http://linkfrog.net
    URL Shortening
    Free and easy, small and green.

    NullBock, Feb 9, 2006

  3. Familyman

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Familyman
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Hi,

    G'day.

    > I need to know just two statistics each day.

    Define "need".

    > 1. New visitors. 2. Returning Vistors to my site.
    > I found www.ritecounter.com

    A third party stats package is less reliable than the logs stored by
    your server. Not sure about that one in particular, but generally they
    work using either cookies or Javascript (or both) - both of which can be
    blocked by the end user.

    > Can you recommend a better way for me to find my two stats?

    Put simply, you can't.
    http://karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=26

    --
    Mark Parnell