web studio 2008 runs slow

AleksKleyn

I recently install web express studio 2008 on win xp, 2 gb memory. I
do not have problem when open project with asp files. However when I
open project with aspx files web studio runs slow. Each change on the
screen (even moving of cursor) gets 100% cpu time about 1 minute. What
I can do?
Thank yoy

Juan T. Llibre

No delay when opening aspx files in a project here.
Check your VS 2008 installation log for failure messages.

AleksKleyn

Where I can see this file. Also as far as I remember there was no
report about error during installation.
Kleyn

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Where I can see this file

It should be in whichever directory your computer stores temp files in.
The directory is configurable, so I can't tell you a specific directory.

If you open the OS's Control Panel ( Start Menu, Settings, Control Panel ),
open the System applet, hit the "Advanced" tab, and then the "Environment Variables" button,
the current TEMP/TMP directory location is displayed.

re:
!> as far as I remember there was no report about error during installation

....but something's wrong, right ?

AleksKleyn

The only error I found was the next

Failure Getting IIS6 specific SID: GetPrincipalSIDfailed with
HRESULT80070534: 'No mapping between account names and security IDs
was done.

I also put attention that when I go to IIS I can select only asp 1.0
or asp 2.0. However in studio I can select 3.0 or 3,5 as well. I
reinstall asp.net and case became little better. However sometimes I
have delay.

There is other interesting problem. I install on Vista 64bit web and
VC express. From the first day web express did not work at all
reporting that data exacution processing stopped it. VC worked fine. I
use win 2008 PC to use web express. I thought that this is bug related
to 64bit version and waited sp1 probably to fix it. However recently I
reinstall antivirus on Vista and since this time VC also stoped to
work with the same message.

Thank you

[...]

It looks like I get old report. The date there 12/14/2007. However I
did not make setup at this date. But I do not see more fresh log.