Web submission

Ross Mac

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my site
completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the best way to
get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I have submitted it to
most of the main search engines and freewebsubmission.com but it has been
over a month and only Alta Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice
on several sites on Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results.
Thanks in advance for any help here....Ross

Steve R.

Ross Mac wrote in message ...
So far I have submitted it to
most of the main search engines.

What's the URL ?

We can analyse the content etc and *advise* you
how to modify items to improve your ratings :~)

Steve.

PeterMcC

Ross said:
Hi Folks,

I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my site
completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the best
way to get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I have
submitted it to most of the main search engines and
freewebsubmission.com but it has been over a month and only Alta
Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice on several sites on
Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results. Thanks in advance for
any help here....Ross

Get someone - anyone - with a page that's already on Google's database to
put a link to your site. The spider will follow the link next time it visits
their page and it'll find your site.

As a bonus, if the link text contains your keyword(s), Google will give them
extra weighting when evaluating the page's place in the results of searches
for the keyword(s).

A URL might get more site-specific advice.

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Ross Mac)
Hi Folks,
I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design
thing and finally got my site completed (as
if that EVER happens). My question is
what is the best way to get your site
submitted on the search engines.

We offer an Exchange Links page... look here... you could improve your
ranking at Search Engines: http://davmagic.com/PAGES8.html

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Duende

While sitting in a puddle PeterMcC scribbled in the mud:
Get someone - anyone - with a page that's already on Google's database
to put a link to your site. The spider will follow the link next time
it visits their page and it'll find your site.

As a bonus, if the link text contains your keyword(s), Google will
give them extra weighting when evaluating the page's place in the
results of searches for the keyword(s).

Send me cash & I will put a lunk on me site for you. ;)

Meta tags mean nothing. SE spiders ignor them. Page titles & <h1> tags
that contain the keywords will get you the best results.

Ross Mac

Steve R. said:
Ross Mac wrote in message ...

What's the URL ?

We can analyse the content etc and *advise* you
how to modify items to improve your ratings :~)

Steve.

I didn't leave the URL because I didn't want to use this fine forum for
advertising...but since you asked...here it is..
http://macroeng.home.att.net .... I am retired from the biz but I do some
work from time to time.... It is mostly a site to move my parts...thanks and
have great holiday....Ross

Ross Mac

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Leif K-Brooks

Davmagic said:
We offer an Exchange Links page... look here... you could improve your
ranking at Search Engines: http://davmagic.com/PAGES8.html

Such pages don't do much to Google ranking. From Google Hacks:

Bad neighborhoods are those sites that exist only to propagate links.
Because link popularity is one aspect of how Google determines PageRank,
some sites have set up "link farms"--sites that exist only for the
purpose of building site popularity with bunches of links. The links are
not topical, like a specialty subject index, and they're not
well-reviewed, like Yahoo!; they're just a pile of links. Another
example of a "bad neighborhood" is a general FFA page. FFA stands for
"free for all"; it's a page where anyone can add their link. Linking to
pages like that is grounds for penalty from Google.

Now, what happens if a page like that links to you? Will Google penalize
you (sic) page? No. Google accepts that you have no control over who
links to your site.

Steve R.

Davmagic .Com wrote in message ...
We offer an Exchange Links page.

But YOU don't have a LINKS page on YOUR website so YOU are the only one to benefit.

Steve :~(

Cameron

Davmagic .Com

From:
(e-mail address removed)
(Steve R.)
Davmagic .Com wrote in message ...
"We offer an Exchange Links page."
But YOU don't have a LINKS page on
YOUR website so YOU are the only one
to benefit.

Yes I do... it's the SAME PAGE! If you would look down the page you
would see the Exchanged Links that are added... via the Form provided
(subject to my approval, that is)