web user control - sharing

brynja

Hi ..

I´m using web user control on my project group.
Now i´m using web user control for each project and it
works fine, but now I want to share some controls for
various project and I dont know how? I have created a
folder beside all my project and put one control there. I
know how to go up one folder with the "~/" tag but how can
I go up two folders? I´ve tried ~/~/, ~/../, ../~/ but I
cant make it work.

can somebody please help me.

Best regards
brynja

Hermit Dave

you can create a virutal directory and place all your user controls
there....

and share that directory cross as a vritual directory to the new app

you should then be able to use it in your projects... though VS.NET has no
concept of understanding IIS virtual dirs so you wont see it...

--
Regards,

HD

Hi ..

I´m using web user control on my project group.
Now i´m using web user control for each project and it
works fine, but now I want to share some controls for
various project and I dont know how? I have created a
folder beside all my project and put one control there. I
know how to go up one folder with the "~/" tag but how can
I go up two folders? I´ve tried ~/~/, ~/../, ../~/ but I
cant make it work.

can somebody please help me.

Best regards
brynja

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

User controls weren't really designed to be shared between projects. For
advanced functionality such as that you should create custom controls.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Hi ..

I´m using web user control on my project group.
Now i´m using web user control for each project and it
works fine, but now I want to share some controls for
various project and I dont know how? I have created a
folder beside all my project and put one control there. I
know how to go up one folder with the "~/" tag but how can
I go up two folders? I´ve tried ~/~/, ~/../, ../~/ but I
cant make it work.

can somebody please help me.

Best regards
brynja

Hermit Dave

Actually Steve is right... they werent designed to be used in that way
If you have use of controls across projects consider using Custom Controls..

But i actually found that method (using virutal dir to share user control)
out on this NG... lol

--
Regards,

HD