Web User Control with GridView can derive new Web User Control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ABC, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. ABC

    ABC Guest

    I have an idea. I need to write a common gridview block which contains
    labels, textboxs, one girdview and some buttons.

    Then, I think the above block will apply on several girdview with different
    columns, for example:

    Common GridView Block
    - label, textboxs, buttons
    - one girdview without any columns

    1st GridView inherts from common gridview block
    - gridview with 5 data columns

    2nd GridView inherts from common gridview block
    - gridview with 3 data columns

    3rd GridView inherts from common gridview block
    - gridview with 6 data columns

    Can my idea work?
    ABC, Oct 3, 2005