web user controls / event handling

Nick Stansbury

Hi,
Is there any way to cause a page to completely resubmit itself from the
server side?

I have an array of user controls that, in the event handler of the user
control itself, add new user controls to the same array - so page_load runs,
then the control's event handler, but I can't handle the events of the new
controls, because I didn't load them during page_load - simplest solution
seems to be to store the lot in session memory and then reload the page -
but I can't figure out how you do it.

Thanks

Nick

Steve Caliendo

Hi Nick,

What you can do is use use session variables. Instead of creating your
controls in the event handlers, you need to create all of your controls in
the page load routine. You can accomplish by
1) setting a session variable or seesion array in the event handler
2) re-loading the page by doing a server.transfer back to your page.

Steve