    Will appreciate your help.
    -Sandeep

    , Mar 26, 2008

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:29:36 -0700 (PDT), ""
    said :

    >My web application does not support foreign language characters right
    >now. If I type in some chinease charanters in TITLE and save, it comes
    >back with garbage. While my database is UTF-8, the rest of the
    >application is not. Its a typical "JST, Servlet, JSTL, Java" app.

    Do a view source.

    you should see

    <head>
    charset=iso-8859-1">

    make sure the charset is one that will support the chars you need, and
    that they are correctly encoded. You can use my applet called the
    encoding recogniser to check.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/encoding.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Mar 26, 2008

  3. Hugo Guest

    On Mar 26, 12:29 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I need your help.
    >
    > My web application does not support foreign language characters right
    > now. If I type in some chinease charanters in TITLE and save, it comes
    > back with garbage. While my database is UTF-8, the rest of the
    > application is not. Its a typical "JST, Servlet, JSTL, Java" app.
    > Could you guys please can help me what all things I will need to
    > change in order to accomplish this? The application just needs to
    > accept foreign characters and display them back correct.
    >
    > Will appreciate your help.
    > -Sandeep

    Are you using any frameworks like Struts? The charset is also defined
    in the struts JAR.

    Hugo, Mar 27, 2008