WebApp: Need control to list large amount of records

Adam

Greetings,

I am creating a database application, and there will be many times
where the webapp user will have to list say customers, or inventory
items.

There could be potentially 100,000's of records returned. Obviously
this makes things a little difficult for say a datagrid.

Also, the webapp user will need the ability to type in "fra", hit a
button and have it return all of the records that start with "fra",
etc.

So - my question: Is there a control out there (preferably free, but
pay controls are fine as well) that will do this? I am looking for
something that has decent speed, and is modifiable/configurable (i.e.
double click on records to edit, sort by clicking on the column
header, etc). Also that it can list many different columns of
information (i.e. like a datagrid does).

I have little experience building controls - and not sure how much
effort this would take to build - so if you comment on this it would
be helpful. I just figured someone somewhere has this already
created.

Maybe an Infragistics control or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Ken,

Thanks for your response.

Their controls look great - and do provide the load on demand - but I
could not find a basic control there that does what I am asking.

Thanks for the lead though.

If there is a control out there that does what I am asking for - but
might not be in the 100's of thousands of records that is fine - I am
just looking for anything that can lead me in the right direction.

Just something that handles a decent amount of records in a decent way
(i.e. not having to format a html table via a data grid or something).

-Adam

steve-o

Adam said:
Greetings,

I am creating a database application, and there will be many times
where the webapp user will have to list say customers, or inventory
items.

There could be potentially 100,000's of records returned. Obviously
this makes things a little difficult for say a datagrid.

Adam,

You might want to look into creating some kind of paging strategy for your
results.
This way you minimize having to display all those records at one time.

Here's a couple articles on paging:

Paging: Use ADO, getrows, or a Stored Procedure:
http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/010308.htm
In particular, look at the Paging via a SQL Server Stored Procedure, because
it is relevant to ADO.NET

Paging Through a Query Result:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...pguide/html/cpconPagingThroughQueryResult.asp

Steve-O