WebApplication - DataSet Navigation HickUp

Michelle Stone

Don't take my word for it. But I think a dataset cannot
be local to a client machine. I don't know much about
this, but it doesn't sound logical that your web browser
is showing something that is being picked up from your
own harddisk. No way.

The data set is created at the server and the asp.net
application running AT THE SERVER picks up some records
from the dataset and shows it in your screen in HTML
format. So as far as the client is concerned, it just
displays whatever that comes down in HTML format, so no
processing is done there.

And why did you 'share' the variable that holds the
current value? try not doing that

Martin

Michelle Stone said:
Don't take my word for it. But I think a dataset cannot
be local to a client machine. I don't know much about
this, but it doesn't sound logical that your web browser
is showing something that is being picked up from your
own harddisk. No way.

The data set is created at the server and the asp.net
application running AT THE SERVER picks up some records
from the dataset and shows it in your screen in HTML
format. So as far as the client is concerned, it just
displays whatever that comes down in HTML format, so no
processing is done there.

And why did you 'share' the variable that holds the
current value? try not doing that

Hi! Thanks for replying. I've the dataset stored in the page. Thought
this would be locally to the client to minimize transfers for
roundtrips. Isn't it?

I've done a bit more investigating why it might conflict and I think
storing the dataset on the server and using session state might help.
However, using session state is another science for itself. I just
can't get to see my assembly in the assembly list at START-CP-ADMIN
TOOLS-FRAMEWORK CONFIG as described in MSDN documentation. Tried to
add it but then it says that my assembly needs a strong name etc. Done
that all! Still can't add it.

I hate .NET. My cat does too.