Webcam Streaming

Guest

How can I stream the video input from a webcam in a ASP.NET webpage. It's
done by using the "form.handle" in windows.forms. But ASP.NET does not have
that option. Any help would be appreciated.

John Timney \( MVP \)

Windows forms and webforms behave differently. Web forms are not
contonuously connected to the web server, they request somethign and its
sent, then they request something else. So, you probably have to stream
your image to a file, and let the web server worry about streaming it using
a streaming server like that found in some windows versions, or create a
series of images that the client browser refreshes on, overwriting the image
each few seconds.

Guest

I have tried using
wiaVideo.TakePicture(out jpgFile);
Image1.ImageUrl = jpgFile;

however it does not show up anything. Using this on a windows form
application worked just fine though. What do you think is the problem? Also I
need to have minimum 15fps do you think that's possible?

Thank you