Webclient.upload + ftp + user select

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Fabrice, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. Fabrice

    Fabrice Guest

    Hello

    I'm looking for informations about the difference between webclient.upload
    and FtpWebRequest.

    I would like to create a simple interface to upload a file "select by one
    user on his PC" and send it to a ftp server.

    1- FILE SELECT BY USER (on his PC) (With interface like upload control)

    2 - UPLOAD TO MY .NET SERVER

    3 - FILE IS TRANSFERED TO A FTP SERVER.

    I'm very confused about the way to do it.

    Do I need to upload the file select by the user on my .Net Server in a first
    time and then send it to the ftp ?
    So in this way I use first the "upload control" and After FtpWebRequest to
    send the file.

    But What about webclient.upload ?

    Or can I can directly send the file on the ftp without upload the file from
    the user PC to the .net server. In this case do I need to use
    webclient.upload ? But I wonder how to get the file select by the user.

    Sorry, I'm lost. If someone can help me to undertstand these steps.

    Thanks a lot
    fabrice
    Fabrice, Jun 27, 2009