WebControl and height?

Rocky Moore

I have a WebControl that I have built which simply creates a DIV and applies
the Style or Class to it. Simple. In the Designer however, it does not
appear with any height to speek of if it is set to 100%, however in the
browser it looks fine. I thought it might be a problem rendering the DIV in
the designer so I switched to a table and got the same results. I tried it
with an embedded 1 pixel graphic at 100% and same result. Get in the
browser but the designer shows the control about 10-12 pixels high.

Any ideas?

John Saunders

Rocky, you may want to read the discussion "Control Lifetime Radically
Different in Design Mode - Documented?" started on 19-Jul-2003. In
particular, where are you setting the style?

John Saunders
(e-mail address removed)

Rocky Moore

I use the RenderBeginTag("Div") / RenderEndTag() which included the Style
that was set (if any) for the control. It generates proper code for the
HTML in a browser but the designer loses it if I use a Height=100%.
Width=100% looks correct, but Height does not effect it at all. Exact sized
work fine also, it is just the 100% that blows. Figured it is just a bug in
the editor, but was looking to see if anyone else ran into the problem and
had some method around it.

Rocky