Webcontrol containing a UserControl?? Problem ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by CubeFish, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. CubeFish

    CubeFish Guest

    I am building a WebControl component that will implement a complete
    message board system. So far so good and I am listing forums,
    messages etc.

    Now I am trying to embed various UserControls (forms for posting,
    preview etc.) into the main WebControl. I am using the following code
    during render:

    Control objParent = Page.FindControl("objParent");
    string strPath = m_strInstallDir + "/Forms/" + strObject + ".ascx";
    Page.LoadControl(strPath);
    UserControl objForm = (UserControl)Page.LoadControl(strPath);
    this.Controls.Add(objForm);

    This works fine and I am able to render the form into the control by
    using RenderChildren() during rendering. Should I be adding the
    control at some other point during initialization of the web control?

    My problem is that all the OnClick events in the UserControl no longer
    seem to work! The UserControl using codebehind with all the events in
    the .CS file. How can I hook up all the events????

    I also fail to get the any postback in the WebControl's
    RaisePostBackEvent ...

    Can anyone point me to a working sample of what I am trying to do?
    Is it possible .. if so why can't I find any samples!!

    CubeFish
    CubeFish, Feb 21, 2004