Webcontrol custom designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by KK, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi

    I am creating a ASP.NET web server
    control. I am extending a panel.

    I also want to create a designer
    for the panel.

    The normal panel, when put into
    a webform is visible as a box and
    other controls can be put into it.

    in my extended panel however, at
    design time, I want it to show
    a title and an image (whose
    properties can be edited by the
    property editor) The actual
    extended panel should be below
    this title and image. Users
    should be able to drag and drop
    controls into it as a normal panel

    However, when i design it, i get the
    title, image which works fine. but
    users can't drag drop items into it!!

    what am trying to make is a collapsible
    panel. Sample code out there didn't had
    a very intuituive designer with it.

    any help is appreciated

    KK
    KK, Nov 12, 2005

  2. I already made an expanding panel control.
    The full source code is available here, along with an article detailing the
    design:
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2005/12/asp200512so_l/asp200512so_l.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,