Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Kasabaarde Sumta, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. I have built a navigation custom web control that I have been placing on
    various pages without issue. When one of the image buttons within the
    control is clicked , a CommandEvent is raised on the control itself. I
    Handle that event on in a Sub on the codebehind on which the page resides.

    Today, I am attempting to place that navigation control within a larger
    control. The larger control is a dashboard into some tables in my database.
    So what I am trying is in the constructor for the dashboard I am assigning
    the event to trigger the function, but the function seems to never be called.

    How off base I am in this approach and can someone put me on track?

    portNavBar.CommandEvent +=new NavBar.Command(portNavBar_CommandEvent);

    private void portNavBar_CommandEvent(object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
    {
    CurrentPage = CurrentPage + 1;
    ViewerRole="bob";

    Kasabaarde Sumta