WebControl PostBack Problems

jimmcward

Hey guys, I will try and keep this as concise as I can. Basically I
am developing a site which uses a Wizard Control (dynamically
generated from a database) as a search form linked to a results page
which takes out all the information from the wizard and searches the
database for matching items. I cannot make use of javascript,
sessions OR cookies and so I am totally reliant on viewstate for the
whole operation.

For this reason my wizard and results page are all one physical aspx
page and everything is handled through postbacks to retain data. I
have come to a problem though. I am now trying to implement paging
for my results page. I cannot use hyperlinks for this as they do not
postback and hence I lose all the data entered in my wizard! My
solution to this was to try to design my paging solution as a
composite control.

I have tried using both the CompositeControl AND WebControl napespaces
but whatever I try, if I click one of the buttons in my composite/
webcontrol, the click handler fails to register the click and my page
simply re-submits. I am implementing INamingContainer and I've tried
using the control type described here:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/composite_controls.asp?print=true

I just cannot figure out the issue! If anyone has any ideas I would
be very greatful to hear them!

Thanks in advance, James Ward.