WebControl, to select part of a web-image.

Jurjen de Groot

Hi,

I'm looking for an ASP.NET web-control in wich I can show a generated image
to user, the user should then be able to select part of the image using the
mouse (rubberbanding), a postback should result from this action returning
the coordinates of the upper-left and lower-right corners for furthrt
processing.

I've looked around on the internet and found some, but these were 'heavy'
imaging controls wich have far more functionality than is necessary, I'm not
even sure that control will return the right data to me on postback. I don't
mind paying for this type of control but don't want to because I'm paying
for (95%) functionality wich I'm not using.

Has anyone fabricated something like this and is willing to share (or sell)
? I've also been looking into javascripting but have no experience in that
field and am pressed for time...

Kind regards,
Jurjen.

vMike

Jurjen de Groot said:
[...]

You should take a look at the Graphics Class. I have not done it but I think
it would be fairly easy to do with that class.
Mike

Stefan

Graphics is of no use in an asp.net context. You need to use JavaScript
have a look at flickr.com, they use javascript and rubberbanding around
images

vMike

Stefan said:
Graphics is of no use in an asp.net context. You need to use JavaScript
have a look at flickr.com, they use javascript and rubberbanding around
images
Graphics can certainly by used in an asp.net context. I do it all the time.
Take a look at the System.Drawing Namespace. You can resize images, draw on
them, put text on them, or display selected portions of them. I think that
is what the OP was looking to accomplish.
Mike