WebControl, to select part of a web-image.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Jurjen de Groot, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm looking for an ASP.NET web-control in wich I can show a generated image
    to user, the user should then be able to select part of the image using the
    mouse (rubberbanding), a postback should result from this action returning
    the coordinates of the upper-left and lower-right corners for furthrt
    processing.

    I've looked around on the internet and found some, but these were 'heavy'
    imaging controls wich have far more functionality than is necessary, I'm not
    even sure that control will return the right data to me on postback. I don't
    mind paying for this type of control but don't want to because I'm paying
    for (95%) functionality wich I'm not using.

    Has anyone fabricated something like this and is willing to share (or sell)
    ? I've also been looking into javascripting but have no experience in that
    field and am pressed for time...

    Kind regards,
    Jurjen.
    Jurjen de Groot, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Jurjen de Groot

    Stefan Guest

    Graphics is of no use in an asp.net context. You need to use JavaScript
    have a look at flickr.com, they use javascript and rubberbanding around
    images
    Stefan, Jul 29, 2005