Webcontrol toolbar image click question

John

Hi all,

Firstly, allow me to just say that programming asp.net AND using viewstate
has been (and still is at the moment) the most painful experience I have
ever undergone. It really is!

Now that I've got that behind me (not that it's going to make viewstate work
for me) I really have a problem I need urgent help with.

I have realized that I need to somehow populate a hidden client-side field
when I click on an image which is on a toolbar control. The reason for this
is because I need to access this variable as soon as my main page page_load
event fires so I can use the Loadcontrol at that stage. Doing it like this
(and not in the button_click event of the toolbox, 'cause it don't work), I
found I can get access to the viewstate.

So please, how can I execute a little Javascript once I click on a
toolbarbutton?

Regards
John.

Alvin Bruney

If you are experiencing pain programming in asp.net you are definitely doing
something wrong.
and that's the truth.