WebControl vs. HtmlControl

Guest

Hi
I read an article on MSDN called "Deciding When to Use the DataGrid, DataList or Repeater". It describes and compares the three web controls from the usability and performance stand point. The idea of the article is that DataGrid is the easiest to use, but has the worse performance and the Repeater web control is exactly the opposite
My question is how the Html Controls compare to similar Web Controls, which ones have better performance. For example, how an HtmlTable object compares to the DataGrid, DataList and Repeater web controls

Thank you.

Guest

HTML control are lightweight vs Web control. I tend to use them more often than Web controls unless there is no alternative

Tu-Thac