Webcontrols.menu with multiple root items bound to a sitemap

abrown

I have a menu on a webform that is bound to a SiteMapDataSource which is
linked to a web.sitemap file. When I have more than one sitemapnode in the
sitemap element of the web.sitemap file I get the following error "Exactly
one <siteMapNode> element is required directly inside the <siteMap>
element.". I want to create a menu based on a sitemap file that has more than
one root item, is there any way of achieving this?

clickon

You can only have one root node within the sitemap file, but you don't have
to display it within the menu. Simply set StartingNodeOffset="1" in the
SiteMapDataSource and it will never display the root node in the menu.