Webcontrols - No intellisense, greyed out in toolbox - VS2005 SP1/Vista

jrdaley

Not sure if Vista factors into the equation or not, but my guess would
be YES.

I installed Visual Studio 2005 (+SP1) on a Vista laptop and my
ASP .NET webcontrols (and AJAX controls) are not registering in
intellisense and are not avail for drag/drop from the toolbox (greyed
out). I can force them in there and compile/run just fine. I already
tried the "repair" option from the add/remove programs entry.

Any thoughts? I know there has to be a fix for this, my guess is that
VS2005 is looking in the wrong place. I don't want to have to
uninstall/reinstall.

I've seen other posts for this, but no answers.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

jrdaley

One more detail - the only controls that do show up as enabled in the
toolbox in the designer are the HTML controls. It's like it doesn't
realize i'm working on an .aspx page, a master page, a webusercontrol,
etc...

jrdaley

I found a solution

After installing AJAX Extensions and the additional toolkit...

1) Uninstall Visual Studio 2005
2) Reinstall Visual Studio 2005
3) Get the appropriate VS2005 updates from windows update, in my case
it was...
a) SP1
b) update for Vista

AJAX does not have to be reinstalled.

Everything works, full intellisense, ajax works, toolbox works, happy
times.

Now if Microsoft would just send me that check for the 2 days I lost
trying to figure this out...