Webcontrols VS 2003 install

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by p, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. p

    p Guest

    Got it figured out finally. We had existing vs2002 web project using
    webcontrols. Upgrading to vs2003 I downloaded and compiled the new
    webcontrol.dll and added this to references (follow readme.txt). The
    webcontrols were in VS toolbox but the vs2003 design mode for old pages, did
    not show the Webcontrol Data (e.g. Treeview) and running resulted in an
    error.

    Noticed that Webcontrols.dll on VS2002 were in GAC but VS2003 are not (for
    whatever reason).

    So I had to change the assembly reference from strong named assembly, like
    this (which for webcontrol in GAC but is not there)
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="iewc" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
    Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>

    Changed to generic assembly reference which does not look in GAC and
    copylocal=true
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="iewc" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
    Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>

    This allowed the webcontrols to work on .Net 1.1 VS2003

    VS2003 Design View works and runtime also.
    Hope this helps
    p, Jan 21, 2004