WebControlsSectionHandler - Undocumented Object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mythran, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Mythran

    Mythran Guest

    <section name="webControls"
    type="System.Web.Configuration.WebControlsSectionHandler, System.Web,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

    Wondering where is the documentation on the WebControlsSectionHandler. I assume
    it doesn't even exist.

    This section is located in machine.config. It implements IDictionary and
    contains clientScriptsLocation key with the value of the clientScriptsLocation.
    I had to work my rear off in order to get this to work during design time
    (reading Machine.Config by getting it's location from the registry and finding
    the proper node that contains the proper attribute). Phew, got it to work though
    :)

    Why does this node exist without proper MSDN documentation? Looked it up on
    Google and found 4 hits. There is only 1 place in the documentation where it
    mentions the key clientScriptsLocation. No documentation for
    WebControlsSectionHandler object.

    BTW, clientScriptsLocation, by default, points to "/aspnet_client/{0}/{1}/",
    which is useful for grabbing the client files directory to store client scripts.

    Mythran
    Mythran, Jul 21, 2004