    --
    dean '04
    http://deanforamerica.com

    john bailo, Aug 15, 2003

  2. (see http://www.webdav.org/)
    "WebDAV stands for "Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning". It is a
    set of extensions to the HTTP protocol which allows users to collaboratively
    edit and manage files on remote web servers".

    More or less, it is an HTTP extension for Internet file managment (like
    sharing directories with MS-Windows). Upload and download files, check in
    and out, manage file versions.

    "john bailo" <> a écrit dans le message news:

    > just set up netbeans/jdk to work with tomcat ( newbie on all ).
    >
    > i noticed that there was a WebDAV folder as well as the webapps folder and
    > it really confused me. i finally figured out to use the ROOT but WebDAV
    > got my curiosity so i looked it up and it seems to be a protocol for
    > 'distributing web applications'.
    >
    > so my question is: does anybody use it or has anybody developed web

    projects

    Xavier Tarrago, Aug 21, 2003

  3. john bailo

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Xavier Tarrago wrote:
    > (see http://www.webdav.org/)
    > "WebDAV stands for "Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning". It is a
    > set of extensions to the HTTP protocol which allows users to collaboratively
    > edit and manage files on remote web servers".
    >
    > More or less, it is an HTTP extension for Internet file managment (like
    > sharing directories with MS-Windows). Upload and download files, check in
    > and out, manage file versions.

    Apple's iDisk is done using WebDAV
    http://www.mac.com/1/iTour/tour_idisk.html

    WebDAV is also supported in Windows and in OS X (and of course in Linux)

    So it's used for web publishing and for "internet hard drives".

    Jon A. Cruz, Aug 23, 2003