    What practices will work? What should I avoid?

    Thanks,
    -dog

    radiolandog, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Hi,

    As for the webform control placement/layout question you mentioned, I think
    use table is a simple and quick approach. Normally, in any html based web
    page, you can structure the layout through nested tables. For example, for
    a page with Header, Content, Footer section, you can use a top level table
    with three rows(1cols) and if you want to further structure the Content
    section, just put a nested table in the middle row.

    As you mentioned that the controls are not located as the table cell they
    reside, right? If so, would you provide some simple aspx/html snippet so
    that we can have a look to see whether there is any other setting that
    affect the controls' positioning.

    Here are some web articles descrbing on html table and how to use it:

    #How to use tables to structurize forms in HTML and about alternatives,
    like fieldset
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/tables.html

    #Web Authoring FAQ: HTML Tables
    http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/tables.html

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 27, 2007

  3. radiolandog

    radiolandog Guest

    Thanks...

    I was trying various methods to position the controls. I used a two column
    table, relative positioning, absolute positioning, space bars...

    When I cleaned out all the <style> tags in the HTML from my attempts at
    using relative positioning and carefully placed the controls back in the
    two-column table (with the left column right justified and the right column
    left justified - I had the results I needed.

    Moral of the story is to not be afraid of jumping into the HTML...

    radiolandog, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Thanks for your reply,

    Yes, authoring the html source is necessary in some cases. Also, when you
    try structuring the page layout, do not mix different position mode. For
    example, when you are using relative position and html table for structure,
    you should not add controls with absolute position mode among them.
    Otherwise, that will make the page layout get disorder.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    >From: "radiolandog" <>