WebForm Default HTML

Jon Booth

I am using ascx controls to build headers and footers for my wbe
application.
3 questions

1) How do I set it so that when I create a new web form created inherits
from my SecurePage class and not System.Web.UI.Page by default.

2) The HTML created by default by Visual Studio does not contain
<HTML><HEAD><BODY> etc as my ascx files already contain this. Ho can I
modify the HTML it provides by default?

3) ALl I want is basically <FORM> and </FORM> to begin with. VS complains
that they need a parent element, which is of course proviced by the ascx at
runtime. How can I stop it from complaining?

Thanks for any help you can give
Jon

Jon Booth

Excellent. Thanks for your help Natty

Jon

Natty Gur said:
You need to alter Templates.

those instructions are for VB7 but C# is the save.

Steps to create enterprise templates for VB7

1. Altering the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
NET\Vb7\DesignerTemplates\NewWebFormCode.vb" script if you want to
alter the default code behind for web form. The demo changes the
assessor page class.
2. Creating wizard for your page:
2.1. create directory with the wizard name under "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7\VBWizards"
2.2. Cut and paste existing wizard (WebForm).
2.3. in the ..\Templates\1033\NattyPage.aspx sub Dir put the aspx file
that contain predefine controls. (the demo contain template of page with
navigation area, tool bar,.)
2.4. Alter the script in ..\Scripts\1033\default.js so he will add your
aspx file :
var strTemplateFile = strTemplatePath + "\\NattyPage.aspx";
2.5. Create new vbz file with the new form template name in ..\
VBProjectItems dir.
2.6. Cut and paste existing vbz file content and alter the WIZARD_NAME
to your template form name. The file should look like :
VSWIZARD 6.0
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine
Param="WIZARD_NAME = NattyPage"
Param="WIZARD_UI = FALSE"
Param="PROJECT_TYPE = VBPROJ"
2.7. Find the right vsdir file (exists under VBProjectItems Dir) and
alter it. The sample alter WebProjectItems.vsdir.
3. Creating wizard for Web project
3.1. Create directory with the wizard name at the same location as
specify at 2.a (the sample alter the default web application)
3.2. In the .\Templates\1033 directory put all the files that you want
to put into the project. Here you can put your template page, alter any
file, add sub directories with data and alter the vbproj to reference
assemblies :
<Reference
Name = "DevNattyPage"
AssemblyName = "DevNattyPage"
HintPath = "..\..\..\dev\infra\DevNattyPage.dll"
/>
3.3. Alter the Scripts\1033\default.js file. This file responsible for
creating the project.
3.3.1. Set the variable that hold the project name to your name :
var strTemplateFile = strTemplatePath + "\\WebApplication.vbproj";
3.3.2. Use the AddFromDirectory function to create folders in the
project for every physical folder:
projitems.AddFromDirectory(strTemplatePath + "\\html\\");
3.3.3. Use the AddFileToVSProject function to add File to the project :
item = AddFileToVSProject("Styles.css", project, project.ProjectItems,
strTemplateFile, false);
(The sample shows how to add NattyPage into sub directory called HTML)
3.4. Add vbz file and alter the right vsdir file as explained in 2.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Natty Gur

Its actually come with demo files. E-mail me if you want them.
(e-mail address removed).

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana