    --
    Thank You.

    Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra, Jun 15, 2005

  2. You'll have to store the list they've selected. Perhaps you'd store it as
    an arraylist in session state, although there are many other options.
    Then you need a way to navigate between the selected pages in order, which
    could be done fairly easily with the ASP.NET 2.0 Wizard control. If you're
    not able to use ASP.NET 2.0 then you could create such a thing manually with
    multiple panels on a single form and some next/back buttons.

    Another, more efficient, approach would be to create a common form base
    class that examines the list the user has selected and directs the user to
    the appropriate page based on their current place within the list.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 15, 2005

  3. Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra Guest

    Thank you for your help Steve.
    I am storing the options selected by user in a database table.
    I am using ASP.Net 1.1 so I cannot use the wizard control. If there is any
    way I can use it with ASP.Net 1.1 please let me know.

    However, I would request you to kindly explain how to create it manually
    using muliple panes?

    Also kindly explain about the comoon form base class you have mentioned. How
    does it work and how do i create it?

    I am a student and new to this and stuck up in my final year project. Please
    help.
    --
    Thank You.

    Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra Guest

    Thank you for your response Steve. I am storing user's selection in a
    database table. I am using ASP.net 1.1 hence cannot use wizard control.

    I would request you to please explain how to create such a control manually.

    I would also request you to please elaborate on creating a common form base
    class. how does it work and how to go about it?

    Please help. I am a final year student and stuck up in my project due to
    this.
    --
    Thank You.

    Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Saket Mundra

    Saket Mundra, Jun 16, 2005
  8. Here's an example of using a base class to provide common functionality to
    all your pages:
    http://www.dwaynesparks.com/Website_Templating_3.aspx

    Here's information about creating a wizard:
    http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=624&pId=1

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 17, 2005