Webforms are not displayed correctly in non-MS Browsers?

Arnold Franke

Hi

I coded a web application in VB.Net containing a webform, designed
with Visual Studio. The Internet Explorer is able to display it
correctly but all other browsers aren't. The attributes of all
elements for example color , width and heigth of buttons get lost so
the page looks like Garbage.
Can anyone tell me how to adapt the Page so all Browsers are able to
read it correctly? Or is this just another great idea of Microsoft to
get rid of the competing products...?

thx
Arnold

bruce barker

who knows why asp.net strips attributes for non IE browsers. add this code
to form_load to get around its rude behavior.

if ("netscape|gecko|opera".IndexOf(this.Request.Browser.Browser.ToLower())
this.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Arnold Franke said:
Hi

I coded a web application in VB.Net containing a webform, designed
with Visual Studio. The Internet Explorer is able to display it
correctly but all other browsers aren't. The attributes of all
elements for example color , width and heigth of buttons get lost so
the page looks like Garbage.
Can anyone tell me how to adapt the Page so all Browsers are able to
read it correctly? Or is this just another great idea of Microsoft to
get rid of the competing products...?

thx
Arnold

Arnold Franke

Thank you very much! It worked perfectly.

This is the Code in VB.net Syntax I finally used:

Dim browser As String = Request.Browser.Browser.ToLower
If Not (browser.IndexOf("ie") > -1) Then
ClientTarget = "uplevel"
End If