WebHost4Life and Invalid Viewstate

Chris Becker

I am currently hosting my site with webhost4life.com and my visitors
(well, just the visitors that are admins and try to do data entry,
modification and removale) are constantly getting "Invalid Viewstate"
errors. It seems that the problem could be that the asp.net worker
process is constantly recycling.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this? Moving the viewstate
to be stored in the session object didn't help since the session is
lost when the process recycles. And how could I move the viewstate to
a db if the user will loose their session ID when the process recycles?
Or will moving to another server at webhost4life help?

Chris

David Lozzi

I was receiving similiar issues on my own SBS2003 box and I found an article
on using SQL to store session info. Check out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317604. I also use wh4l for many sites and I
will soon be moving this ASP.NET app to their hosting, please post your
solution back to this newsgroup once you have determined a course of action.

Thanks!

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Chris,

I was getting this error with them about 15 months ago or so when I was
paging the datagrid control. I asked to be moved to their Windows 2003
Server which was new at the time and the problem went away. I host a lot of
sites with them, all on the Windows 2003 servers and havn't had a problem
with ViewState since. Is this a totally random error or can you reproduce
it in anyway? Sounds like it would be random. Are all your forms posting
back to themselves? Also are you moving in and out of muliple ASP.Net apps
or just staying in one? I don't know if these questions will get us
anywhere but maybe we'll get a clearer picture. Oh yeah, are you doing any
path rewrites in your Global.asax or anything else in there that might be
messing with something? Overriding any Render events? Good luck! Ken.