webhosting search

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Robert Blackwell, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. I'm trying to find new webhosting. My budget is in the $20-$35/mo range

    Currently I have the "Premium Plan" through http://www.webhost4life.com
    The unlimited bwidth seems nice.On a good month I can hit up to 60GB,
    average most likely 20-30 so that's not really a big deal to me, especially
    since I only have 300MB space I can't host movies and stuff, I'm almost full
    as it is just with content and screenshots etc.

    My site runs on cpgnuke (php cms) but my current host seems to have
    something configured strange with their php stuff (or a feature is turned
    off)so my site "doesn't work" because people can't login. The reason I think
    it's their problem is cause I've setup IIS and phpsnapin on my XP Pro system
    and with default settings my site works fine.
    Since my site is php/mysql I want windows hosting with php/mysql but .net
    support so I can still use my amazon referral app, and just for testing
    stuff.

    I found these guys http://www.hostdepartment.com and on their features list
    it says they only support 2 Custom DLL Components on their Application
    Premium 800 plan or 3 on their Application Premium 1000 plan.

    I'm still not very savvy with this stuff, so I dont know how limiting that
    is. I have this amazon.com referral app called Store Perfect and it alone
    has 3 dlls.

    Is there a difference with DLL's like some that need to be installed or
    something. How would they monitor this because the ones on that web app I
    have don't tneed to be "installed" or anything. Just upload into a virtual
    directory and it works. I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across,
    because if it's really just 3dlls period and that's it, then I'm already at
    quota just by having that web app. My current host doesn't seem to have any
    limitations noted on their web plan page.

    Thanks in advance.

    Robert Blackwell, Jul 27, 2004