webinfo file

tshad

I was trying to open a web services project that I was given and can't open
it.

My book mentions that you need to edit the web info file and change the
Projects URL.

The problem is I cannot find the webinfo file. I tried creating my own
service and I can't find it there either.

Where do I find the file and is that how you go about using a web service
project created somewhere else?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

Hi,

you can create web info file at your own. create a notepad file and save it
as your project name for eg. Myproject and with the extension .vbproj.webinfo
for eg. Myproject.vbproj.webinfo then add this attribute to your notepad file

<VisualStudioUNCWeb>
<Web URLPath = "http://localhost/Myproject/Myproject.vbproj" />
</VisualStudioUNCWeb>

Regards,
Sachin Saki
..NET Developer - Capgemini, INDIA

"tshad" ने लिखा:

tshad

Sachin Saki said:
Hi,

you can create web info file at your own. create a notepad file and save
it
as your project name for eg. Myproject and with the extension
.vbproj.webinfo
for eg. Myproject.vbproj.webinfo then add this attribute to your notepad
file

<VisualStudioUNCWeb>
<Web URLPath = "http://localhost/Myproject/Myproject.vbproj" />
</VisualStudioUNCWeb>

Doesn't VS create this file when you create the project?

Tom