    all. Sharing on this wiki will make that easier and we will have a
    repository of knowledge all in one place.

    Thanks for your help and interest.

    nokidding, Jan 22, 2008

  2. On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <> wrote:
    > I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
    > participation to make it a success.

    Whats wrong with usenet?

    Travis Newbury, Jan 22, 2008

  3. On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <> wrote:
    > I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
    > participation to make it a success....

    This is your advice?

    "Driving Traffic to your Site
    Market on MySpace - huge market - easy to broadcast the existence of
    your site
    Market on Yahoo, Google, Ebay User Groups (post others that you know
    of) "

    Isn't that last one known as a form of SPAM?

    Travis Newbury, Jan 22, 2008
  4. nokidding

    asdf Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <> wrote:
    >> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
    >> participation to make it a success.

    > Whats wrong with usenet?

    It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
    actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
    actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

    asdf, Jan 23, 2008
  5. nokidding

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:18:26 GMT
    asdf scribed:

    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    >> On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <> wrote:
    >>> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
    >>> participation to make it a success.

    >> Whats wrong with usenet?

    > It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
    > actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
    > actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

    No, it's full of self-opinionated people who are there to satisfy their own
    wishes just as are the queriers. If you hold a fairytale-like conception
    of a process that is about as spontaneously fundamental and real as it
    gets, you may, of course, be discontent with same.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 23, 2008
  6. On Jan 23, 2:18 am, "asdf" <> wrote:
    > > Whats wrong with usenet?

    > It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
    > actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
    > actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

    And you think that this other forum won't attract these same kinds of
    people?

    Travis Newbury, Jan 23, 2008
  7. nokidding

    > On Jan 23, 2:18 am, "asdf" <> wrote:
    >> > Whats wrong with usenet?

    >> It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
    >> actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
    >> actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

    > And you think that this other forum won't attract these same kinds of
    > people?

    Ah now, I didn't say that :)

    PMSL

    asdf, Jan 23, 2008
  8. nokidding

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 23 Jan, 07:18, "asdf" <> wrote:

    > > Whats wrong with usenet?

    > It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
    > actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
    > actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

    Well we knew _that_ !

    That aside though, usenet is still (IMHO) the smartest resource around
    for web design advice (and a few other things, such as sheds). The
    contributors are simply better.

    Andy Dingley, Jan 24, 2008