Weblogic 1.1.0 Plugin for Eclipse...can't get it to work for examples

Discussion in 'Java' started by javaguy44, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. javaguy44

    javaguy44 Guest

    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone has gotten the WebLogic 1.1.0 Eclipse plugin
    to work.

    I'm using Eclipse 2.1.1 + Weblogic 6.1 Sp6

    I'm trying to configure the examples that come with the installation.

    I have set the following:
    BEA Home: C:\Program Files\Bea
    WebLogic home: C:\Program Files\Bea\wlserver6.1
    Domain Name: examples
    Domain Directory: C:\Program Files\Bea\wlserver6.1\config\examples
    Server Name: examplesServer
    User: system
    Password: password
    Hostname: localhost
    Port: 7001

    I get the following error:
    The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
    Exception raised:
    weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: Domain
    "mydomain" not found in directory : .\config
    at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.loadDomain(XmlFileRepository.java:226)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
    at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:374)
    at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1557)
    at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1525)
    at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:466)
    at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:207)
    at $Proxy1.loadDomain(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configureFromRepository(AdminServer.java:188)
    at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configure(AdminServer.java:173)
    at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:258)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:368)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:213)
    at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
    Reason: Fatal initialization exception

    Thanks
    javaguy44, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Re: Weblogic 1.1.0 Plugin for Eclipse...can't get it to work forexamples

    I'm getting a bit further with the Weblogic plugin, but I have
    yet to succesfully get it to bring up a Weblogic server.

    First, it does not seem to be accepting the startup port
    in the setup configuration. Mine is set to 7001 but the plugin
    picks a port at randon, such as localhost:13927. The
    weblogic security policy file restricts the ports to 1000-9999.

    Also, in the JVM options, I'm using the
    -Dweblogic.management.password=<password>
    option.
    This seems to be ignored and when I start weblogic. It is
    prompting for a password and is not getting one, and then
    throwing a license exception. See the console log at the
    end of this message to see this. The license is fine, as
    I can start the default server using the .BAT file
    startup that is put on the Start menu.

    My configuration is:

    Weblogic preference page
    ------------------------
    Version: 6.x
    BEA Home: C:\bea
    WebLogic home: C:\bea\wlserver6.1
    Domain Name: mydomain
    Domain Directory: C:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain
    Server Name: myserver
    User: system
    Password: <password> <- enter yours here
    Hostname: localhost
    Port: 7001

    Classpath preference page
    -------------------------
    Classpath before the WebLogic libraries: <blank>
    Classpath after the WebLogic libraries: <blank>

    Jave Virtual Machine preference page
    -------------------------------------
    Java VM: WLjdk131 <-- this is C:\bea\jdk131, had to add this to list of
    installed JRE's
    JVM Options:
    -hotspot
    -ms64m
    -mx64M
    -Dweblogic.management.password=<password> <- enter yours here
    -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=false
    -Djava.security.policy=="C:\bea\wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.policy"
    JNI LIBRARY PATH: <blank>

    Project preference page
    -----------------------
    Project added to the end of the classpath: <blank>

    Here is the console log from this statup:

    <Jun 10, 2004 7:46:15 AM AKDT> <Info> <Security> <Getting boot password
    from user.>
    Enter password to boot WebLogic server:

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ License Exception $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

    Unable to start WebLogic Server !!
    Missing license file for: WebLogic Server 6.1

    Alan Gunderson, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Re: Weblogic 1.1.0 Plugin for Eclipse...can't get it to work forexamples

    I gave up working with the WebLogic 1.1.0 Eclipse plugin and instead
    installed version 2.7.1 of MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench and it works
    just fine starting up Weblogic 6.1 Sp6. MyEclipse costs $29 per year
    and looks to be a good value, as it works with many other J2EE app servers.

    --- Alan

    Alan Gunderson, Jun 11, 2004