WebLogic 6.1 execute threads and database connection pooling configuration

Discussion in 'Java' started by Justin M, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. Justin M

    Justin M Guest

    Hi,
    We've had a question come up at my company about WebLogic 6.1's
    execute thread and database connection pooling configuration. We know
    from 5.1 that it was recommended to have at least one more execute
    thread configured than pooled connections:

    http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/techsupport/faq/ejb.html
    (search for 'thread')

    http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/admindocs/tuning.html#wls tuning
    (search for 'safe')

    Does this same bit of 'wisdom' still apply for 6.1 and beyond? The 6.1
    documentation does not mention a similar limitation and states that
    execute threads and database connection pools are independent...
    Can anyone with some experience in these matters comment?
    Thanks,
    Justin

    Justin M, Dec 8, 2003