WebLogic 9.2: SSPI impl required when Extension-Name is in MANIFEST.MF

Discussion in 'Java' started by Karl Uppiano, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Karl Uppiano

    Karl Uppiano Guest

    When my RAR MANIFEST.MF contains the following entries,

    Extension-Name: my-ra
    Specification-Vendor: my-vendor
    Implementation-Vendor: my-vendor
    Implementation-Title: my-ra
    Implementation-Version: my-version

    WebLogic 9.2 throws the exception:

    weblogic.connector.exception.RAException: Trying to version a resource
    adapter that is not versionable
    at
    weblogic.connector.common.RAInstanceManager.initialize(RAInstanceManager.java:1141)

    ..when I attempt to activate changes to my newly installed application
    archive.

    It seems supremely presumptuous of WebLogic to assume that I intend to
    implement versionable support simply because Maven elects to include
    versioning information in all archives that it generates. My question is,
    does anyone know how I might either

    a) Make an entry in the RA deployment descriptor to disable the appserver
    from attempting to version the RA, or
    b) Inhibit the Maven archiver from making the entries that are inciting
    WebLogic to attempt to version the RA
    Karl Uppiano, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Karl Uppiano

    Karl Uppiano Guest

    "Karl Uppiano" <> wrote in message
    > When my RAR MANIFEST.MF contains the following entries,
    >
    > Extension-Name: my-ra
    > Specification-Vendor: my-vendor
    > Implementation-Vendor: my-vendor
    > Implementation-Title: my-ra
    > Implementation-Version: my-version
    >
    > WebLogic 9.2 throws the exception:
    >
    > weblogic.connector.exception.RAException: Trying to version a resource
    > adapter that is not versionable
    > at
    > weblogic.connector.common.RAInstanceManager.initialize(RAInstanceManager.java:1141)
    >
    > .when I attempt to activate changes to my newly installed application
    > archive.
    >
    > It seems supremely presumptuous of WebLogic to assume that I intend to
    > implement versionable support simply because Maven elects to include
    > versioning information in all archives that it generates. My question is,
    > does anyone know how I might either
    >
    > a) Make an entry in the RA deployment descriptor to disable the appserver
    > from attempting to version the RA, or
    > b) Inhibit the Maven archiver from making the entries that are inciting
    > WebLogic to attempt to version the RA

    Bump...

    Lest anyone suspect that I have not done my research, let me allay your
    fears.

    1. I subscribe to the Maven mailing list, and it seems to be the consensus
    over there that the manifest versioning entries occur by default with
    earlier archiver plug-ins, but the Maven 2.1 archiver is supposed to omit
    those entries. However, the 2.1 RAR plug-in apparently still puts them in.
    2. I am still waiting to hear back from BEA tech support.
    3. I have Googled the snot out of this, and turned up next to nothing about
    how to get WebLogic 9.2 to ignore the manifest versioning entries. WebLogic
    9.1 works fine with or without them.

    I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any experience with this.
    Karl Uppiano, Sep 23, 2006