webmail-SquirrelMail Fetcher In Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all,
    I've been looking on the net for a program to gather e-mails from the
    squirrelmail interface, and haven't found any.
    My office only allows me to get e-mail access via webmail, at least when I'm
    outside of the corperate network.
    I'm wondering if anyone's found something like the screen-scrapers made for
    the webmail system for MSOutlook, or another, farely simple, program that I
    could edit to work with squirrelmail?
    Sorry if I'm posting incorrectly or anything.
    Also, I'm still a noob at python, so please go easy on me if this is very
    obvious.

    Thanks,
    Brandon McGinty

    Guest, Feb 25, 2006

    Paul Rubin Guest

    <> writes:
    > I've been looking on the net for a program to gather e-mails from the
    > squirrelmail interface, and haven't found any.
    > My office only allows me to get e-mail access via webmail, at least
    > when I'm outside of the corperate network.

    Squirrelmail is an IMAP client so there must be an IMAP server on the
    server side somewhere. Why not talk to your IT dept about accessing
    it with a normal mail client instead of messing with screen scraping
    madness. Squirrelmail is pretty messy and I gave up on it long ago.
    Paul Rubin, Feb 25, 2006