WebMatrix - User Control accessing Header information

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bill Godsil, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. Bill Godsil

    Bill Godsil Guest

    I am trying to build a little Documentation search site, using WebMatrix,
    Access, and Index Server.

    I am placing my documentation in individual pages, as Index Server
    doesn't seem to want to index data that WILL be in the page, when built.
    It only wants to index what is in the static page.

    However, I want to access certian data about the document that I have
    stored in the Access database (even though it won't be indexed).

    I create a metatag "DocID", which will hold the record ID for the
    appropriate record in the Access Database.

    I developed a page that will get the DocID data, using -

    (DocID.Attributes("content"))

    It works great, and I am able to perform a SQL query into the Access
    Database, and populate a datagrid. Looks great, boss is happy!

    However, I then try to move the datagrid and associated code into a User
    Control, so, as I make edits, to please the boss, I only have to do it
    once. Unfortunately, the command -

    (DocID.Attributes("content"))

    No longer works, when I do this.

    Is there a way for the user control to access header information on the
    page it is placed on?

    TIA!

    Bill Godsil, Jul 8, 2004