webmethod based on a xsd

Roger Moquin

Hi,

i have to build a webservice for a client of mine who sent me a xsd and a
sample xml so i can build my stuff around his xml.

i used xsd.exe to build a class from the xsd. That went fine.

Now, when i create my web service and the webmethod that receives the class
as a parameter, the webservice puts the webmethod name and parameter name in
the xml tag it wants to receive.

Am i doing it the right way ? what can i do ?

Here is the exemple:

this is what i get from the client

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<PROCESS_PO_007
xmlns="http://www.openapplications.org/003_process_po_007">
<CNTROLAREA>
<BSR>
etc.....

and this is how i created my web service

<WebMethod()> _

Public Function Submit(ByVal PO As PROCESS_PO_007) As String

Return "GOT IT"

End Function

where PROCESS_PO_007 is the class that was created by xsd.exe

now, here is what the webservice says it want's to receiver:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Body>
<Submit xmlns="http://tempuri.org/AlcoaPI/PO">
<PO xmlns="http://www.openapplications.org/003_process_po_007">