[WebMethod] passing, receving XmlNode Without a Namespace

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Colin, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Hi all,

    For some reasons I sometimes use the following interface for xml passing:
    [WebMethod]
    public XmlNode getSomeOutputXml(XmlNode someInputXml)

    Normally I return a domdocument. If I return it, a default namespace is
    inserted:

    <soap:Body>
    - <getSomeOutputXmlResponse xmlns="http://www.uwv.nl/webservices/">
    - <getSomeOutputXmlResult>
    - <SomeXml xmlns=""> <!-- Here is the problem ! -->
    - <Response>
    - etc....

    I do not want that. I want the namespace to be the same as
    getSomeOutputXmlResponse (without inserting it another time), is that
    possible ?

    When I change the WSDL by hand so that it reflects the precise interface
    (including the things that are normally in the XmlNode), the .Net generated
    code of the client application will not pick up the return message (input is
    ok), I think because of the inserted namespace (the object says <invalid
    value> in the quick watch). Is that possible ? Or is it likely that there
    was another error. Is there any tracing possible to see what the generated
    code does so I can see where things go wrong ?

    To solve this: Can I maybe create Xml Elements or Nodes without the help of
    a document ?

    To solve this: Can I change the WSDL so that it reflects the empty namespace
    ?

    A lot of questions... If anybody could clear some of these things up, I
    would be very glad.

    Kind regards,

    Colin.

    Colin, Dec 1, 2003