WebMethod works fine until it hits the closing braces - throws System.StackOverflowException

niama

Hi,

I am getting System.StackOverflowException when calling a web method.
The web method executes fine until it hits the closing braces that is
when the following StackOverflowException is thrown.
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException'
occurred in mscorlib.dll".

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
niama.

niama

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Initially when I went through the code, I
could not find any infinite loop. But finally found the source of
error. I use a business class library in the webservice. That business
class library returns an object called Profile which has a list of
objects called Technologies. And each Technology object has a list of
Profile objects. This is actually an n:m relationship which forms a
circular relationship. When webservice trys to return the object, I
think it gets to an infinite loop when it tries to send the result in
XML format. Now it works fine.

Thank you.